In the spirit of the season, BizJournals compiled a list of numbers associated with the Thanksgiving holiday weekend from sources like the National Retail Federation, the National Restaurant Association and others:
- $15 million: Annual cost in home damage because of a turkey frying accident, according to renters insurance provider Protect Your Bubble.
- 40.1 million: Number of people expected to shop on either this Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday, according to the National Retail Federation.
- $31.74 billion: Total amount expected to be spent on gift cards this year.
- 4 million: Number of people ordering a full Thanksgiving meal from a restaurant to eat at home, according to the National Restaurant Association.
- 15 million: Number of people eating their Thanksgiving Day meal at a restaurant, according to the National Restaurant Association.
- 4.1 percent: Expected increase in holiday sales in November and December, as the National Retail Federation expects sales to climb to $616.9 billion this year.
- 79.6 percent: Amount of millennials (18-24-years-olds) who may shop over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend — the highest of any age group, according to the National Retail Federation.
If your are planning on shopping this holiday weekend, remember you can access your account by visiting one of our many surcharge free ATMs or shared branching locations. Click here to find locations near you.
Article Provided by: BizJournals.com