Total Time: 28 min
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 18 min
Yield: 6 servings
- 8 slices center cut bacon, chopped
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 rounded teaspoons prepared Dijon style mustard
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, available on dairy aisle
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- Baby carrots and a selection of spiced flat breads, cocktail sized pumpernickel or rye breads, or sliced whole grain baguettes, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown bacon in nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Drain crisp bacon bits on paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, Dijon, Swiss and scallions with cooked bacon. Transfer to a shallow small casserole or baking dish and bake until golden and bubbly at edges, 15 to 18 minutes. Top with chopped smoked almonds. Place dip on a platter and surround warm casserole with breads and carrots for dipping.
- Optional Variation: Swiss and Bacon Dip with Horseradish – Stir in 2 rounded teaspoons prepared horseradish when combining cheese and bacon.
Recipe courtesy of FoodNetwork.com