TOTAL TIME: 0:25
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- kosher salt
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 5 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles, broke into 2″ pieces
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan, for garnish
- Torn fresh basil, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil: add onions and season with salt. Cook until tender and golden, 5 minutes, then add beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain fat and return to pot.
- Add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute, then add crushed tomatoes and dried oregano.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add lasagna noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, 10 minutes.
- Add mozzarella and stir, letting melt into soup.
- Garnish with Parm and basil.
Recipe Provided By: Delish.com