TOTAL TIME: 0:25
- 6 oz. egg noodles
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. Sirloin Steak
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 lb. button mushrooms (optional – for the picky eaters in your life)
- ½ c. Dry white wine (optional)
- ½ c. low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ c. lowfat sour cream
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Chopped parsley, for serving
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and cook, in 2 batches until browned, 1 minute per side; transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the onion, bell pepper and 1 Tbsp oil and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms (if using), 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper and the remaining Tbsp oil. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, tossing, until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Add the wine (if using) and simmer for 1 minute. Return the steak to the pan along with any accumulated juices. Add the broth; simmer until slightly reduced, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in the sour cream, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over the noodles and sprinkle with the parsley, if desired.
Extra Tip: To create extra-thin strips, place the steak in the freezer for 20 minutes before cutting—the chilled meat will be easier to slice into.
Recipe Provided By: WomensDay.com