Recipe Provided By: FoodNetwork.com
Total: 6 hr 15 min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 6 hr
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes.
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth.
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained.
- 1 (15-ounce) can white (cannellini) beans, rinsed and drained.
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
- 1 cup frozen baby lima beans or regular lima beans.
- 1 cup chopped onion.
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced.
- 1 tablespoon minced pickled jalapeno (from can or jar).
- 2 tablespoons chili powder.
- 2 tablespoons dried Mexican oregano or regular oregano.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin.
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander.
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce.
- 1/3 cup couscous.
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese.
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients but the couscous, shredded cheese, cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Five to 10 minutes before serving (depending on temperature of slow cooker) add couscous, cover and cook, until couscous is tender.
- Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
- Just before serving, top each serving with shredded cheese and cilantro.