These lemon crinkle cookies are perfect for sunny, spring days!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter 8 tablespoons, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1.5 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- yellow food coloring (optional)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl. Set aside.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix well.
Pick 1/2 tablespoons of the the dough and roll into ball. Place granulated sugar and powdered sugar in separate shallow plate. Roll cookie dough in granulated sugar, then in powdered sugar. Then place balls on baking sheets.
Bake in preheated oven for for 14-16 minutes. Remove from oven. Finish cooling on cooling rack.
Find this recipe and more on our Pinterest page!