- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, water and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture until smooth. In a deep cast-iron or electric skillet, heat oil to 375°.
- Cover the bottom of a funnel spout with your finger; ladle 1/2 cup batter into the funnel. Holding the funnel several inches above the oil, release your finger and move the funnel in a spiral motion until all the batter is released, scraping with a rubber spatula if needed.
- Fry until golden brown, 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners’ sugar; serve warm.
- Note: You can use a measuring cup to pour the batter instead of a funnel.