This cozy and delicious recipe is perfect for football season and blowing away your guests and will have them begging for seconds!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- One 15-ounce can corn kernels
- One 15-ounce can white beans
- 1 avocado, diced
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Add the turkey and cook until browned and fully cooked for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the cumin, coriander, and cayenne, season with salt and pepper, and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the broth. Bring the soup to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until good flavor develops, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and beans, and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve, ladle the chili into bowls and top with 1 to 2 tablespoons avocado. Serve immediately.